The Center provides a focus for communications and forging collaborations among the faculty and students who are members of it. The members specialize in medical physics, soft condensed matter physics, condensed matter physics, and materials physics. The center helps to find funds and provides an organizational framework for the research of the members.
The Center's vision is in accordance with the FAU Mission:
- To pursue excellence in its missions of research, scholarship, creative activity, teaching, and active engagement with its communities.
It is also in accordance with the CESCOS Mission:
- To provide excellence in both disciplinary and interdisciplinary science education for our students,
- To apply the power of inquiry and discovery to fundamental problems of scientific importance,
- To find solutions to societal challenges in a culture of research, partnership and scholarship, and
- To develop internationally recognized research and instructional programs to meet the needs of the region, the nation and the global community.